Careers at Wavespot
Ruby on Rails Social CRM Developers
Wavespot – Bangalore, Karnataka
We are looking for top-notch rails developers who love creating web applications from top to bottom, front to back. Ruby, Rails 3, RSpec, MongoDB, jQuery, HAML, SASS and Git are the tools you will be using. The team you will be joining is a small, self-organized team. Wavespot is full of professionals who love their craft. We like to try new things in an attempt to always get better. We use an agile process that ensures the features we build will delight our customers and that we’ll be home in time for dinner.
We subscribe to agile philosophies, embrace progressive enhancement, believe in good web standards, and have a passion for technology and elegant solutions. We’ll reward your passion for Rails/UX development with challenging projects, a great, tech-centered work environment, a bright team to learn with, and a chance to shape the future of a quickly growing company.
Desired Skills & Experience
Experience with Git, jQuery, agile methodologies, Linux, and interacting with business owners directly are strong pluses. Ability to produce high quality work on tight timelines, work with other developers to plan and execute integration with other components, and communicate effectively in a collaborative team environment are critical success factors.
Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- 2+ Extensive webapp development experience
- Keep markup, styles, and behavior well-structured and cleanly separated
- Construct adaptive layouts appropriate for multiple form factors
- Write lightweight tableless layout
- Optimize pages for download and execution time
- Author reusable template code
- Have a working knowledge of browser concerns, e.g. HTTP, cookies, document encodings, etc.,
- Thinks that this all sounds fun